Thursday, May 24, 2018

Barns!

I see a lot of barns. A LOT. I like the ones that are all alone, I am sure they used to be part of a homestead. I try to picture these busy homesteads and can get carried away with all the 'I wonder whys'. I wonder when I wander.

Here are some barns we saw on 2 separate trips. All NW, W and SW of Edmonton. No stories or anything just some cool barns.

March 24th, 2018:





 April 21, 2018 Barns:







The following is a favourite barn (also pictured above), it is easy to spot beside a major highway. I have stopped at it often. Here it is on April 21st and also a shot from last summer. I am standing in almost the same spot it appears.  If anyone else sees barn faces, this one looks happy despite it's pronounced lean.



Do you have a favourite barn? I have one, but it is not pictured here.

20 comments:

  1. All nice finds, Jenn! That little red barn with the high rainbow roof is pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, those arch roof ones are my fave!

      Delete
  2. The leaning reddish barn has a sort of "friendly face." - lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks William! It looked so nice against the snow.

      Delete
  4. Love the face in the barn! I saw a look of surprise! Love the old barns. I plan to photograph some this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He almost looks surprised but not mad that he's falling over! Are there lot's to see there? Seems like they are all over here....in all stages of 'life'.

      Delete
  5. Love the face on the barn! I don't see many barns! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi RedPat, I think that barn face is one of the best! Come to Alberta for the barns!

      Delete
  6. I love how these barns have faces :) The red bard is just lovely. I haven't seen a barn in ages that wasn't dilapidated unfortunately. There isn't much farming in this area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rain! So many barns here, from falling in to nicely painted and in use. I love them all..but I like the old ones best.

      Delete
  7. YOu've seen your fair share

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! That was only 2 days worth of barns and I don't even stop for every barn anymore lol.

      Delete
  8. Love your barns. They bring back memories of time spent in barns as a child, playing with cousins in a hayloft or the happiness of a litter of barn cat kittens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, I am glad these barns bring back good memories. Us city kids don't know barns but I can appreciate them!!

      Delete
    2. I just loved seeing a new litter of kittens in the hayloft of the barn. Mama cat always appreciated some warm, fresh cow's milk to keep up her strength too. Great memories!

      Delete
  9. I love all of these barns and yes I see barn faces!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya, I love barn faces! Sorry I did not see this comment earlier.

      Delete
  10. ...and here I always thought that I lived in barn heaven, you sure do too! Barns are what gives the rural landscape a human scale. They start the mind wondering about the story of a place. Thanks for sharing, I hope to see more 'West of the Fifth Meridian' barns!

    ReplyDelete